PROCESS COORDINATOR FOR Inclusive and Affirming Ministries (IAM)
Position:He/she will work closely and under the management of the Regional Partnership Africa Manager and must be willing / able to travel to partner countries in Africa. (Approx. 10 times 4-5 days). He/she will also work with the faith and LGBTI communities in an informal settlement in the Western Cape, at IAM’s shelter Ithemba Lam, under the management of Senior Management. For this position (because of the patriarchal context of Africa a male person of colour is required).
The incumbent should possess desirable experience and qualities in the following areas:Coordinating
- Coordinate and effectively implement trainings, workshops and presentations within LGBTI and faith groups.
- Work closely with the IAM team to ensure quality and dynamic trainings.
- Partake in planning, implementing and follow-up of workshops.
- Partake in annual strategic planning process in setting annual program/project goals.
- Be able to monitor and evaluate workplan.
- Maintain IAM’s individual and collaborative (partners/stakeholders) relationships in a professional manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Attend formal monthly review meetings where open and frank discussions occur in regard to the employee’s performance, as well as strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Engage in a reflective feedback culture.
- Prepare timely event reports.
- Prepare timely monthly reports.
- Ensure that senior management is kept fully informed of any programmatic changes in the field.
- Represent IAM at selected networking events and general public.
A Bachelor degree in Theology or Religion is highly required.
- At least two years of experience in facilitating workshops/trainings and group dynamics.
- Experience in designing a workshop/training for a particular context.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in conflict management.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the LGBTI, faith communities and individuals.
- Knowledge and experience of Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Sexual expressions.
- Knowledge and experience of working with faith communities.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Efficient computer skills, report writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good listening and social skills.
- Good interpersonal and multidisciplinary skills.
- Ability to network and work with diverse cultures, denominations, organizations,interfaith and communities.
- Ability to supervise/manage staff.
- Effective at conflict management.
- Excellent at planning.
- Excellent subject knowledge in areas you facilitate.
- Good time management skills.
- Creativity in context.
- Own vehicle and driver’s license.
- Trustworthy team player.
- Passion for the mission of IAM and working with and for sexual minorities within faith communities – please see IAM’s website www.iam.org.za
- Unwavering commitment to quality training.
- Commitment to build community.
- The ability to adapt to different and diverse contexts and to stay “cool” under pressure of gay-bashing and in conflict management.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, explaining why they are suitable for the role,an up to date CV of no more than 5 pages (incl. a recent photograph), proof of Academic Qualification, Identity Document, Valid drivers licence and 2 recent contactable references. The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close by the end of business day on 28th February 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by 10 March 2018. The interview process of those shortlisted will happen in March. The successful candidate for the position, will be requested to submit a Police Clearance Certificate and must be able to start on the 3 st of April 2018 (or soon after by arrangement).
- A Probation Period Contract of 6 months will apply, where after the position will become permanent.
- We use a salary scale. The Gross annual salary starting from R260,000 depending on relevant years of experience in this or similar work. (This includes a thirteenth cheque)
- Kilometres driven are reimbursed at R3.50 per km and a fixed telephone allowance.
- An attractive leave package.
- Location: The candidate must reside in the Cape Town Metropole