Office Administrator at Inclusive and Affirming Ministries (IAM)
We are seeking to employ fulltime Office Administrator to work in alignment with IAM’s overall mission and strategy in a team with LGBTI and faith communities as well as sexual minorities nationally and internationally.
Position: He/she/they will work closely and under the management of the Director. He/she/they will be office based, work with IAM staff and clients.
The incumbent should possess desirable experience and qualities in the following areas:Requirements
- Relevant 5 years’ experience in administrative field
- Experience in NGO sector is a plus
- Fluent in English (writing and communicating)
- Computer literate (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook – Access is a plus)
- Able to work with diverse cultures, religious communities etc.
- An out member of the LGBTI communities is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and own transport is compulsory
- Comply with job description.
- The job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required to perform this job. The incumbent may be required to perform additional tasks and duties outside of this description, if so required.
- At least a three (3) year relevant qualification.
Applicants must submit a cover letter (after reading the full requirements description on the website), explaining why they are suitable for the role, and an up to date CV of no more than 5 pages (incl. a recent photograph).
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close by the end of business day on 20th July 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by 27 July 2018. The interview process will commence the week of 30 July 2018. The successful candidate will be requested to submit a police/security clearance certificate and must be able to start 15 August 2018 (or soon after by arrangement).
- A Probation Period Contract of 6 months will apply, whereafter the position will become permanent.
- A competitive salary will be offered starting from a gross salary of R206,000 per annum (includes a 13 th cheque) depending on years of experience in this field.
- An attractive leave package.
- Location: The candidate must reside in the Cape Town Metropole.